NetBox supports optionally exposing native Prometheus metrics from the application. Prometheus is a popular time series metric platform used for monitoring.
Peering Manager exposes metrics at the
/metrics HTTP endpoint, e.g.
https://peering-manager.local/metrics. Metric exposition can be toggled with
METRICS_ENABLED configuration setting. Metrics are not exposed by
Peering Manager makes use of the django-prometheus library to export a number of different types of metrics, including:
- Per model insert, update, and delete counters
- Per view request counters
- Per view request latency histograms
- Request body size histograms
- Response body size histograms
- Response code counters
- Database connection, execution, and error counters
- Cache hit, miss, and invalidation counters
- Django middleware latency histograms
- Other Django related metadata metrics
For the exhaustive list of exposed metrics, visit the
/metrics endpoint on
your Peering Manager instance.